- 2.45 GHz Operating System
- Solid State Generator - No annual calibration required
- Power up to 140W - Speedy ablations
- Intuitive Touch Screen User Interface
- Integrated Peristalic pump - Continuous device cooling
- No Grounding Dispersive / Neutral Electrode Required
- 5cm Ablation in only 6 minutes
What is it?
Solero Microwave Generator is an ablation device that uses microwave energy to evaporate the water molecules in malignant cells of the tumors. The System consists of a Solero Microwave generator and applicators.
Where does it work ?
Tumors upto 5 cm in diameter in the liver, lung and kidney.
How it works
The physician would find out the location of the lesion through a CT scan or Ultrasound. Under CT/ Ultrasound guidance he may insert the applicator to the target tissue and when he reaches the lesion/ tumor he turns on the generator which emits microwave energy. This Microwave energy generates heat, which would cause tissue necrosis by vaporizing all the water molecules present in the tissues.
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Usually performed under mild sedation or local anaesthesia
- Solero Applicators are available in 14 cm, 19 cm and 29 cm length.